To receive the rank of SHODAN
It is important to advise the host of the grading of your commitment to attend. To receive the rank of Shodan, you must meet the following guidelines:
- You must be minimum 16 years of age.
- Recommended minimum 4 years of Active Training (see Section B definitions).
- You must have been a brown belt at least 18 months of Active Training (see Section B definitions).
- You must attend a minimum of 2 Black Belt Clinics per calendar year and they must be recorded in your passbook.
- You are encouraged to compete or participate in 2 SWKKF tournaments annually and they must be recorded in your passbook.
- You must meet the minimum kyu belt requirements as outlined in SECTION G “Kyu Belt Gradings”.
Additional kata requirements:
- Techniques to be performed:
- Basic techniques
- Combination block-counter
- Taisabaki movement
- Side stepping
- Fluency in combination techniques
- Two step or free style kumite
- Also see Grading Forms for complete details on Grading Techniques
- The individual must be of strong moral character and demonstrate mental and emotional maturity and should be reflected in their behavior.